Quickly and Affordably Repair Small Tooth Imperfections with Dental Bonding
Do you have a chipped tooth, discoloration, or another cosmetic dental issue? Dental bonding, a simplified version of a veneer or a crown, is a cost-effective solution that might work for you.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is the process of bonding tooth-colored resin to the teeth to mask imperfections. Besides providing a cosmetic benefit, bonding can also be used to fill cavities. The resin that is bonded to the tooth is permanent. While you may sometimes need the bonding to be touched up or replaced, it is very unlikely that it will fall off or break away.
When is Dental Bonding Used?
- A few of the most common reasons we would recommend dental bonding include:
- To fill in a small gap between two teeth
- To repair decayed teeth by filling a cavity with tooth-colored resin
- To change the shape of a tooth
- To repair chips or cracks in teeth
- To cover up discoloration
- To protect the root of a tooth after it’s been exposed by receding gums
- To make a tooth look larger than it is, which is usually done to make it match the other teeth
Is Bonding Right for You?
At Ideal Dental Solutions, we will analyze the tooth in question to determine if bonding is a solution for you. Bonding isn’t appropriate in all cases. Bonding usually won’t be recommended on a tooth that does a lot of heavy biting or chewing. It’s also not appropriate for covering large areas of decay or major damage. In those cases, we will work with you to find a better solution.
Our dental expertise and enthusiasm for our patients – backed by our comfortable, state–of–the–art facility – offers you incomparable dental care with noticeable long–term results. Beautiful smiles. That is what we aim for…and achieve.
Contact us today at 703-442-0442 to schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation!